Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Many Thanks

.



Thank you so much for all your birthday wishes!

I've always had an affinity for Wednesdays, so having my birthday fall on one worked out well.

No big plans; I made the tomago and started rice for sushi, and Matt put everything together for me.

He also made a cake...exactly what I wanted. A square, purple cake with buttercream frosting.

Cards from Alex and Matt, and a few gifts.

Pretty quiet, actually...one of the years, I'm going to really have a big to-do. If/when that happens, you're all invited!

Not a milestone age, just a year older. I don't feel older, which is what counts...



And don't forget---Blog Party #2, Tiki Party, is coming soon!

14 Thoughts for food:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Great cake! Was it flavored with anything or just purple?

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Joe.

It was just tinted. I'm not a big fan of flavored cakes (vanilla, chocolate are about it).
And I was so tired of round cakes!

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am certainly available for any big to-do! And will eat square purple cakes to boot! :) Sounds like a great day for you.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

When/if it ever happens, I'd love to have you there!

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Purple cake... so I wasn't seeing things! :P Looks like Matt did a great job!

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Cathy, with my camera...you never know!

 
At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, sorry I missed the party! Happy Birthday!

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Cerebrum said...

So did you actually have a piece of the cake this time?;-) It looks yummy!

 
At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a Happy Birthday!!!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

It's ok, Alice! I know some people stretch their birthdays on for a whole week.
Besides, there's still cake.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Zarah, I did.

Although now I'm wishing I hadn't.

I was convinced I was finally getting over this cold/flu, but this morning I'm feeling all 'bleah' again. I know it was the sugar!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Beth!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger S said...

Happy BeLated Birthday!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Jessica!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker