Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Mini Gourmet Burgers

.



I subscribe to a weekly food and drink newsletter from the congomerate that is the Tribune. I think that came about as I was reading an article from one of their papers, and needed to register. Along with registration came 'pick a newsletter'...so I did.

Last week, in addition to a story (with recipes) on black olives, and 'perfect' baking, was an article about making the best burger.

Personally, I could not care less. If I consume a 'burger' these days, it came frozen and wrapped in cellophane, courtesy of Morningstar Farms.

But Matt's a burger-lover. And I don't make them for him as often as he'd like, so I printed out the article, with recipes.

Matt modified things a bit, and had a series of mini burgers Sunday night.


From the top: Bacon and Blue Cheese Burger, Cheddar with Ketchup and Mustard, and Chipotle Mayonaise and Avocado Burger.

Cute, aren't they?



And don't forget---Blog Party #2, Tiki Party, is just nine days away!

12 Thoughts for food:

At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun are those!! I really like the idea of being able to have 3 different burgers like this. Great idea :)

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Love it! They are too cute. Wolfgang puck touts hit "mini burgers" all the time!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Jeff!

We are big on little bites, you know...

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Joe!

I think Matt just likes eating tiny burgers...don't know why, but he does.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

They are really cute. Cept for the blue cheese er..... personally dont like them grilled. Had just cooked some petit burger yesterday. No pic, uses minced chicken, with chopped onion, egg white, chopped coriander and bread crumb. Manage to baked some fresh bun but its not as good. Need to modify the recipe i think.

Lovely blog

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What cute burgers! My brother is a big burger lover too...we use our time-tested recipe for the perfect patty...I should try this mini burger buffet for him (who am I kidding? And for ME too!) :-)

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hello, foodcrazee! And thank you.

Even when I still ate meat, I wasn't a big red meat eater. Burgers, to me, weren't anything special. I suppose that's why I never think to make them for Matt.

Before I met him, you couldn't get me near blue cheese!
But, I've come to appreciate it...not every kind, mind you; but there are some pretty good ones out there.

Normally, Matt will make his own mini burger buns (or regular-sized); but since we've been sick around here, he cheated and purchased some small dinner rolls!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi, Joey!

I don't think you can ever go wrong with tiny bites...which is why I started a food event featuring them!

You really should try it (I tasted the chipotle mayo, and it was very good). You can share with your brother, but be sure to save some for yourself!

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not huge on burgers myself, but these mini burgers look really enticing! The chipotle mayo sounds good. That said, I've yet to try the chipotle you sent me, Stephanie. Soon, I promise, soon. :)

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah, I was never ga-ga over burgers. They always seemed so commonplace to me. But, as evidenced by the recent explosion in haute burger cuisine, there's more of 'them' than 'us'.

Do try them, Julia! I know you'll like them.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Nic said...

How cute! I love them!

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Nic!

Matt and I just can't get enough of those little bites...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker