Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Finally, As Promised:Jalapeno-Cornmeal Muffins

.



Indira's been waiting, and here they are!

Muffins for Matt, three jalapenos, minced, cornmeal, flour, buttermilk, and mashed potatoes (recipe calls for zucchini, but ours went bad), topped with grated cheese (Asiago), and baked till dry and firm.

Indira was right to make her muffins for dinner; here's Matt's review:

Good. There's a good jalapeno flavor without overwhelming heat, and
they're remarkably soft for something made with cornmeal. Must be the
potatoes. I do think it might be a better dinner thing than breakfast,
though.


Sorry it took so long to post!

And man; am I getting my money's worth from those jumbo muffins pans, or what?




Blog Party 8 has been announced, and this month, we're having Brunch! Turn your favorite breakfast foods into bite-sized treats, and join the party! Your entries are due no later than next Thursday, 16 March; Blog Party is 18 March. Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: , , , , ,

8 Thoughts for food:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger Fiber said...

That's a great looking muffin. I love the addition of asiago cheese, too.

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW.. that's a great looking muffin. Now, I want to hide my flat muffins.:)

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm...they look yummy.I love jalapeno.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Fiber! I think the cheese on top is a great idea, too...wish I could claim it for my own!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Indira!

Hey, there's nothing wrong with your muffins...and you got all creative with yours!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Emily, according to Matt, they were yummy!

 
At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

saul would adore these. er, come to think of it, so would i.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Dexygus...if you'd like the recipe, just let me know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker