Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Parmesan Chicken with Balsamic Butter Sauce

.



A surprisingly simple dinner dish: Parmesan Chicken with Balsamic Butter Sauce.

We never buy whole chickens, so as always, we cut up chicken (and Veat) breasts; reducing the baking time.

Parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic, and oregano for the chicken's 'coating'; bake till done. Boil balsamic vinegar and broth (vegetable bouillon for us) till it reduces, add in butter and whisk till smooth.

My Veat, without the fats and juices of real chicken, actually turned out better than Matt's dinner, with a crunchier coating. And while the chicken was nice, the balsamic butter sauce was a scene-stealer. Almost sweet, smooth and flavorful. The left-over sauce will be making a lunch-time appearance, with roasted chicken, at Matt's office next week!





Tagged with: + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 2:31 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh dear, that looks very good. What brand of veat breasts do you use? I was sort of trying to add meat back to my diet but my body still doesn't so well with it.....

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Lady Amalthea said...

Oh, yum! That sounds fantastic. I love balsamic vinegar and what a clever idea combining it with the butter! I'll have to try this sometime soon.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Becky...thanks!

Veat is actually the name of the company; their products used to be a bit hard to find, but these days you can buy them in regular grocery stores (but most likely in the veg foods sections).

Just my opinion: the 'breast' and 'bites' are best, while the 'nuggets' lack both flavor and proper texture. But all are easily substituted for real chicken...anytime I cook chicken for Matt, this is what I use for my own meal.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Lady Amalthea; it really was good. Isn't it amazing what (a good) balsamic vinegar can do for a dish?

Let me know if you make it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker