Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Triple Threat

.



I promised Matt I'd make these cookies. Good thing I didn't promise when, because I first found the recipe about four months ago!

Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies

Another simple recipe: flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt mixed together. Unsweetened chocolate melted with butter, poured into a bowl and cooled. To that, add eggs and vanilla, then dry ingredients, and finally stir in milk chocolate chips. Form into small balls, place on parchment-lined baking sheets, bake till firm on the outside but soft in the middle, cool on racks.
Mix together equal parts powdered sugar and natural peanut butter (it took a bit more PB to make this work) to form a paste, spread on a cookie, top with another.

Because I made them for Matt, I'll let him review:

Crunchy, dark-chocolate-y cookie (a little like an Oreo, but just a touch less crisp), with most of the sweetness coming from the chocolate chips. The peanut butter isn't terribly pronounced, but it's there.



Tagged with: + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't made any type of peanut butter cookie in ages.I just may have to do that today.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

Those look so Delish! I will have to try them, but think I'll splurge and go with the Skippy Peanut Butter!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Emily; Matt took them to work, and now they're gone (and he's not even around the general population), so they went over very well...do give them a try!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Cameradawktor; I only used the natural pb becaue the recipe called for it, and also because Matt likes it. Me? I stick with Jif!

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

Oh dear friend (and you ARE a dear friend now after introducing me to these cookies!) I tried your recipe tonight and they are SO DELICIOUS!!!

I added a few extras so posted on my site about it, check it out!!

Thanks Stephanie!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Cameradawtkor...and why shouldn't friendships be created over great food?!??

I'm so happy you tried, and liked, these cookies. I can tell you're an almond-fan! You should try Giada's recipes; she's always adding Ameretto and other almond-flavoring to her dishes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker