Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Grilled Cheese and Chorizo Sandwiches

.



Such a quick and simple 'meal' (I say that because, man; is it filling!); buttered bread, pepperjack cheese, pickled jalapenos, sliced chorizo, Havarti, and more bread, grilled till cheese melts.

A few weeks ago, Matt and I found some dried Spanish chorizo above the cheese counter at Earth Fare. Having had some difficulty finding decent sausages since we moved to Knoxville, I suggested we grab it and give it a try.

Then I found this recipe, and wanted it, too.

Not since we left California have I seen it anywhere, I knew if we could get our hands on some Soyrizo, I'd be in luck.

After a web search, I discovered Melissa's sells it, and we promptly placed our order.

It's been so long since I've eaten it, I'd forgotten the Soyrizo is a loose-meat-like sausage. Which meant for my sandwich, there'd be some improvisation!



Still, very good stuff. Very spicy.

Oh, and a suggestion/warning? If you're the type who regularly takes Prilosec or other heartburn meds? You may want to stay away from this recipe!




Blog Party 8 has been announced, and this month, we're having Brunch! Turn your favorite breakfast foods into bite-sized treats, and join the party! Your entries are due no later than this Thursday, 16 March; Blog Party is 18 March. Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: , , , , , ,

10 Thoughts for food:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Stephanie,

I can usually find chorizo at Fresh Market.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Cate said...

Mmmmm, that looks delicious - I love grilled cheese sandwiches. Yum.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Kevin!

Of course, we try to stay away from the Fresh Market...we can do serious damage shopping there!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Cate...they were really good, and such a snap to make; give them a try!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Rosa said...

Both look great! i didn't know we were quasi neighbors in Tennessee!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Stephanie,

You stay away from Fresh Market and go to Earth Fare? Just walking in the door at Earth Fare costs me at least $20 in assorted cheeses.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks Rosa!

Yep, looks close on a map, but it's something like a four hour drive or something.

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks yummy!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kevin, some of the cheeses cost 20 bucks a piece!

I don't know...maybe we feel better getting our food at Earth Fare, what with the organic/no high-fructose corn syrup policy.

I'm like a kid in a really expensive candy store when I shop Earth Fare, but at least I feel good about it.

and my god; their cheeses! My dream is buy a wheel, of any kind, some day...just to say I've done it!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Emily; it really was. And so easy!

And, as a reminder...really spicy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker