Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, March 13, 2006

What am I? A One-Woman Bakery?

.



I can hear you from here; you're saying "Another muffin? C'mon, Stephanie...you're in a rut!".

Another breakfast treat for Matt, and another recipe from this book; Chocolate (Mini) Chip Muffins.

Such a simple muffin; dry ingredients, wet ingredients, chips. Seriously. So easy.

While baking, I could smell the vanilla...and the chocolate...sigh.

Matt loved them, and jokingly suggested I not share them with Alex. As it turned out, Alex thought the muffins only 'alright', and didn't finish his (ok; they're huge, so I refuse to take it personally). Which leaves four more for Matt!

When I bought the Williams-Sonoma book, I also ordered a second muffin cookbook, 500 Best Muffin Recipes, which has been disappointingly boring. The book is bereft of pictures (always a seller for me), and the majority of the recipes are...gasp...healthy.

If I were baking for myself, that would be fine. As it is, I'm baking muffins for Matt. And he likes his cheese and bacon and chocolate and sugar.

So, while the W-S book may be smaller, and contain fewer recipes, I'm getting a lot more use out of it than the 500 book.

You never can tell, eh?




Blog Party 8 has been announced, and this month, we're having Brunch! Turn your favorite breakfast foods into bite-sized treats, and join the party! Your entries are due no later than this Thursday, 16 March; Blog Party is 18 March. Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: , , , , , ,

6 Thoughts for food:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger Lady Amalthea said...

Your muffins look delicious. Unlike Matt, I'm still not a huge fan of chocolate in the morning, though.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I think these look delicious! Keep making the muffins and I will keep dreaming I am at your house.
You mentioned you bought a new muffin pan... what is it? I ask because I am having problems with my normal pan and my silicone one. I may need another.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Lady Amalthea...I'm with you. I can't tolerate sweet things early in the day.

Then again, I don't really care for sweet things, in general!

And thanks!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Heather, thanks!

I got a six-cup jumbo muffin pan from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I have no idea what brand it is, but I love using it. Matt usually eats at least two muffins at a time, but with the jumbo muffins, one's enough!

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet my children would love these.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Emily, send an email to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com, and the recipe is yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker