Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, March 24, 2006

They Don't Call Me An 'Evil Temptress' For Nothing

.



Nothing like a big block of fancy chocolate to grab your attention!

Just yesterday, I discovered a recipe that actually caused me to gasp. Alex was concerned, and asked what was wrong.

"Nothing's wrong, honey; I think I may have found the most perfect recipe ever, that's all!"

Hazelnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies

And since Matt came home from work with an empty cookie tray, it was like a sign...I had to make these.

Lots of toasted hazelnuts, and chunks of chocolate, in a sweet cookie batter.

And...there are ground hazelnuts in those dry ingredients.



(If you're the sort who likes to eat the batter right out of the bowl, I recommend making a double-batch!)

I also learned a new trick for de-skinning hazelnuts: boiling them, with baking powder, for a few minutes, then rinsing them in cold water while watching the skins just slip off. Amazing. A bit messy, but much nicer than trying to rub them (dry) with a towel.



I have no idea how they taste...Matt was already in bed when the cookies came out of the oven, so I'll have to wait until lunchtime for him to give a review.

I have to tell you, though...the smell alone made me almost want to eat one, and if you've learned anything about me over the past year or so, you realize how serious that is!

And yes, I did use the Callebaut in these cookies.

UPDATE: Matt's gotten around to eating them, and here's what he says:

Good. Very good. Very, very good. Slightly chewy cookie, very rich,
hazelnutty without too many big bits of hazelnut to interfere with the
texture of the cookie.





Tagged with: + + + + +

10 Thoughts for food:

At 1:43 AM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

O.K., that's it....now i have to go find a bite of chocolate!!

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

And I live up to my name!

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will try ur recipe when I get free time.Look,I am reciprocating your online interaction by taking pasta salad and see tomorrow for that recipe that you have posted on March 20th.
Bye and will interact again.
happy spring

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm swooning here!omg.

 
At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O, recipe divine! These look and sounds positively delicious! I love Alex's concern over his mum's gasp -- cute!

Thanks for the tip about skinning hazelnuts! It's kind of like blanching almonds, isn't it? Another way to do it, which also toasts them nicely, is to put them on a cookie sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes at 350F, stirring occasionally, until they smell toasty and the skins look dry and loose. After removing from the oven and letting them cool, rub off the skins; they should fall off easily.

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Admin said...

I thought you were referring to me when you addressed those who would want to eat the batter right out of the bowl... I couldn't wait for the cookies,,lol

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ramya...I am flattered! The recipe looks fantastic; the spices alone would get Matt to eat it. Thanks!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks Emily...but don't tell your husband, he might get jealous!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Tania.

Actually, the oven-baked, rub-with-the-towel version was the one I was referring to, but thanks anyway!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Anthony...how do you know I wasn't???? Ha!

This was the second day in a row that I sent Matt to work with lots of cookies, only to have him return home with an empty container...that should give you an idea of how well they went over!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker