Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, May 22, 2006

And the Answer is?

.

So, in answer to the 'guess what we made' post a few days ago, when I showed you those two photos? First, here's a list of ingredients.


From top left to right: Ancho chilies, Guajillo chilies, corn tortillas, bread, tomatillos, onion, tomato.



Back row: vegetable bouillon cubes, Mexican chocolate, fresh bay leaves, piloncillo (unrefined sugar)
Third row: avocado pit, cinnamon stick
Second row: pumpkin seeds, Spanish peanuts, avocado leaf, sesame seeds
First row: almonds, raisins, dried thyme, cloves, black peppercorns

Missing from photo: lots of garlic!

Much frying and cooking and mixing and pureeing, and what do you get?





Mole Teloloapense, or Red Mole.

The recipe comes from Rick Bayless's Mexican Kitchen. It's a bit of a project, but oh my...the results are worth it!

Deep, dark, spicy, slightly sweet...just packed with flavor. Goes well with chicken (or fake chicken, as seen above), turkey, pork chops, or even tuna steaks. It freezes well, so you can make a batch, enjoy it now, and still have some for...oh, two months later.

If you're at all interested in the recipe, let me know. As I said, it's a bit of work, but you'll love the finished product! Just be prepared for a seriously messy kitchen.





Tagged with: + + + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 4:22 AM, Blogger Cerebrum said...

ooooooooh! Was that the one you told me about?

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love mexican flavors!This looks very good.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Zarah...hi! Where are you now?

Yes, this is the one I told you about. We were a week or so late for 5 May, but then again, it's a lot of work!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, Emily...it really is!

There is so much flavor in that sauce. And with every step, it smells better and better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker