Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Sage Advice

.



We've finally gotten 'round to working on our garden; getting the earth tilled, and so on (yes, there were whole hours without rain!).

We bought plants (I have a three-year old son, three dogs, and a house to take care of; I don't have time to start from seed), and hopefully? Will have the first batch of herbs and vegetables in the ground tomorrow night (if I've recovered from the Alias finale, that is).

But one thing we don't have to worry about: sage.

We planted this last year. It went from being a sage plant to a sage city.

It's enormous.

Too bad neither of actually cares for sage, huh? I think this year, we'll only plant things we like.





Tagged with: + + +

5 Thoughts for food:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Laura said...

but it's so aromatic -- I usually bundly my leftovers and use them for smudge

also, I'm not sure where I have it, but theres a pretty basic recipe for tempura sage that's really good -- you tempura fry whole stalks after they've gone to flower -- I think the point is to eat the flowers -- it's pretty unusual and impressive to guests.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Laura said...

bundly? who exactly does one bundly something? *sigh* :)

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Laura...I'm fine with the smell, I'm just not crazy about eating it!

I guess a little goes a long way with me.

And yet? I knew exactly what you meant!

It was early, you're forgiven.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

This is tragic, Stephanie! I'd LOVE to have a sage tree in the garden!

I know what you mean about how strong sage is. But if you fry the leaves in a little butter and olive oil and toss pasta in that, the sage flavour is just pleasantly apparent. It's a great side dish to go with a grilled chop.

-Elizabeth

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, Elizabeth; if you'd like to come by and take some, we'd gladly give it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker