Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, March 01, 2015

Rock On, 1969!

.




Many years ago, upon receiving a fondue pot as a gift, Matt and I asked an acquaintance "Do we seem like people who would own three fondue pots?"

And without pause he answered "YES."

We do, by the way. Own three of 'em.

It's not the sort of meal you have often, because, well...cheese. Lots of cheese. It can be heavy. There's a lot of prep.

On the other hand - it's fun! Dipping and playing with your food? C'mon. Who doesn't love that?

So, we decided that the weather was still cold enough and we were all well/un-stressed enough to deal, and made fondue Sunday night.

By...chance?...cosmic pull?...he's not sure really...Matt stopped at a thrift store Saturday while out running errands. And there, he found Gourmet International: FONDUE - The Fine art of fondue, Chinese Wok and Chafing Dish Cooking.
It was a dollar. He grabbed it. It's what we do.

And because it's what we do, I used their Family Style Swiss Cheese Fondue recipe.

They give the option of using milk instead of Kirsch, which I did. (The lingering alcohol flavor has always been by big fondue-y hang-up).

Love that this practically giving-it-away book, a book at its time of publication would have seemed all Exotic! and New!, can still be relevant.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker