Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, March 23, 2020

It Sparkles!

.



The daughter of some friends of ours was celebrating a birthday in January, and I wanted to do something special for her.



I made seven batches of pasta (the plain, or 'mother' dough not shown) in a variety of colors, and turned them all into thin strips. Oh, and the doughs had corresponding edible glitter!


On sheets of plain dough, I laid the colored strips, in rainbow order.

These sheets then got rolled by hand, then run through the sheeter many times, and cut into wide strips.


They, in turn, were cut into smaller pieces (with a fluted rolling cutter).


And turned into butterflies!

Sparkly Rainbow Butterfly Birthday Pasta, for a very special little girl. 




Blog Party #44 is coming soon!  We're checking our pantries and cupboards for hidden (read: forgotten!) ingredients, and coming up with appetizers and drinks to share - from a safe distance!


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker