Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Citrus and Sushi

.

Not in the same dish, thank you veddy much!

First, be sure to check out this month's Sugar High Friday round-up, hosted by Alice of My Adventures in the Breadbox.

Second, please check out the wacky and fabulous Archie McPhee. Among their latest goodies: patterned tape!

Imagine wrapping up your next birthday gift with sushi tape!

Also available: pirates, tiki, Rosie the Riveter, bacon, and more!

I often toy with buying all their fabulous sushi products: wind-ups, deck of cards, bandages, rugs, and tissues!

Oh, come on...you're what? Shocked and surprised? I love me some sushi!

2 Thoughts for food:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I could not have said it any better...thanks, honey!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

And sushi is such a sensual food...involving all senses but hearing. It is traditional to both eat it with your hands and with chopsticks. As I've yet to master the sticks, I eat with my fingers. There's the smells...no, not of raw fish, but of rice wine, wasabi, soy sauce. Of course, few foods are as visually stunning as a platter of sushi. And as for taste?
Put it this way: I come from a small, traditional town, with traditional foods. I didn't grow up wiht "ferrin'" foods. Top that with the fact I'm a very picky eater (texture issues, don't like cooked veggies, no fruit in things...).

But? I adore sushi. I could eat it every single day...if I could find a half-way decent restaurant around here. As is, we (mostly Matt, because he's sweet that way) make it ourselves.

I suggest you try it with someone in the know...someone who not only understands sushi, but your own individual preferences for food (Matt was able to help me this way on a number of cuisines; telling me that yes I would, or no, I most definitely not enjoy a certain dish), who can direct you through your first sushi encounter.

If you're frightened of the fish, stick with the cooked or veggies version. I highly recommend the tomago (it's fantastic, and I've used the base for a couple of End of Month Egg on Toast Extravaganza entries), the Inari, or any of the vegetables.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker