Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Happy, Happy

.

¡Felíz cumpleaños! (Spanish)

Sun Yat Fai Lok! (Cantonese)

Sretan Rodendan! (Croatian)

Tillykke med fodselsdagen! (Danish)

Palju onne sunnipaevaks! (Estonian)

Tavalodet Mobarak! (Farsi)

Lá breithe mhaith agat! (Irish)

Co` latha breith sona dhuibh! (Scottish)

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!
(German)

Janam Din ki badhai!
(Hindi)

Quchjaj qoSlIj! (Klingon)

Happy Birthday!
(English)

To Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

20 Thoughts for food:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Niki said...

and a buon compleanno to you! I hope whatever you do today that it is enjoyable, relaxing and perhaps memorable. (birthdays are the best excuses for expensive, decadent dinners in restaurants you know.....)!

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Niki!

Unfortunately, we've all been sick...and our only babysitter, Matt's parents, are in Cuernavaca, Mexico...cooking school for a week.

So...we're all focusing on getting well, and Matt's going to make sushi. And a cake!

I guess I'll save the expensive dinner for another time...

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd go the Spanish route, but I know I would butcher it and cause my high school Spanish teacher to cringe, even from across the country, sooooo...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you had a great day!

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Happy Happy birthday! I hope you were well taken care of today!

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puttina Roju(Birthday)shubakankashalu(Wishes) in Telugu, my native tongue.
All kidding aside, Many happy returns of the day and enjoy the night, Stephanie.

 
At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh stephanie,
happy birthday. and get well soon. make sure you post a photo of matt's cake.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Stephanie - Sorry to hear you're feeling well, but hope you had a wonderful birthday nonetheless. I'm with dexygus - show us the cake!

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

Hip Hip Hooray!

Sorry that you are/have been unwell

A birthday will be jus tthe thing to perk u up :)

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Cerebrum said...

TILLYKKE MED FØDSELSDAGEN!! Oh, you already have that one up there - but TILLYKKE anyways! And feel better - I know you will, 'cause it's your birthday, wo-hoo!!:-)

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger boo_licious said...

Selamat Harijadi Stephanie (that's malay). Have lots of fun today and hope you'll get well soon.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Stephanie,

Happy! Happy!

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maligayang bati Stephanie! That's tagalog (from the Philippines) :-) Hope you feel better soon!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Cate said...

Happy, happy Birthday! Hope it's a wonderful one, and you feel better soon!

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheng ri kuai le, Stephanie! That's "Happy Birthday" in Mandarin. Many happy returns of the day! May you get well soon, and enjoy your birthday dinner with Matt and Alex. :)

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie, Maligayang Kaarawan (another Tagalog version)!!! Hope you all feel better soon, so you can celebrate properly! May you have many more....

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jeff, I took seven years of German, and I couldn't remember it either!
Thank you for your good wishes!

Thank you, Joe! Matt did make dinner, so I think that counts.

Thank you, Indira! Now if only I could pronounce that...

Thank you, Dexygus! Picture posted as requested.

Cathy; thank you so much! I think I'm finally rounding the corner on this one. Cake's up!

Thanks, Clare! Hugs from Alex and Matt help, too...

Zarah Maria...thank you! Again, I wish I knew how to say that (in case I ever meet my other favorite Dane)...

boo_licious...thanks so much! I love seeing all these other languages...all we had in high school were German and Spanish!

Kevin...thank you, thank you!

Joey, vielen dank (that's German for 'thank you)! I am feeling better, actually.

Thank you, Sweetnicks! It wasn't quite coming home to a house filled with roses, but it wasn't bad.

Julia...thank you! I almost used Mandarin in the post, but changed my mind at the last minute.

Thank you so much, Stef!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Nic said...

Grattis på födelsedagen, Stephanie. (That's swedish).

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Nic!

I notice it's similar to Danish?

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Anthony said...

誕生日おめでっとうございます!

ごめん!ごめん!遅いです.

おもしわけありません 

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you...Anthony!

Please tell me what languages??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker