Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Whimsical Birthday

.



For Matt's birthday last week, I made this fun and funky cake from The Whimsical Bakehouse.



Yes, it's supposed to be tilted. It's whimsical!



It's also one of the most colorful cakes I've ever made...leaving tiny, edible, rainbows every where.



The tilt is achieved by piling up the Cookies & Cream filling (cream, vanilla, and crushed Oreo's) a heck of a lot thicker on part of the cake.



It was even gorgeous when it was gone!




Tagged with: + + +

18 Thoughts for food:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

Stephanie, that's awesome!

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all need more whimsi in our lives.
That is the most awesome empty plate I've seen!!

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a delightful looking cake. Those intense colours are very fun. Did you save a piece for me?

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Elle said...

Very fun. Did you get thos lovely bright colors with paste food coloring? The final photo is almost as beautiful at the first one. Yum! Oreo cookies frosting.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Happy Belated Birthday Matt!rb

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger ByTheBay said...

So nifty! The colors are so vivid they look a little toxic-looking but still... so cute.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Brilynn said...

That's so much fun!

Sadly, I think many of my cakes are unintentionally "whimsical"...

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Barbie!

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Tanna!

I thought the plate was pretty cool, too.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Morven...how fast can you get here? I think there's one piece left!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Elle, yes! Lots of pretty colors.

That filling? Wow. Decadent. Dangerous, too!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Matt says 'thanks', Joe!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

BtB...the intensity of the colors is what really drew us to the cake; it's so fun and bright!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Brilynn; that's what a cake leveller is for!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Helene said...

What a fun cake! I would have been happy with for my own b-day! What a cool mom you are!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Helene!

Actually, the cake was for Matt, not Alex...although despite being 'old', Matt's very much still a kid!

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

HI Stephanie, this is Nikki from Durban South africa.Looking at your awesome cake.Need to make b'day cake for next weekend. Any chance you could share the recipe?

Cheers Nikki

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Nikki...hi!

It's my policy never to publish copyrighted materials on my blogs, but if you'll send a message to my email address (located on the side bar), I'd be happy to send it to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker