Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Wartime Wednesdays: Coffee Cake

.



A sample menu for trying times. You know, war time, shortages...hmmm; maybe this is more timely than I thought!

Wednesday

BREAKFAST

Grapefruit Juice
Omelet
Toast, Dried Fruit Jam
Milk, Coffee

*

LUNCH

Boston Baked Beans
Carrot Sticks
Brown Bread
Canned Plums
Milk

*

DINNER

Beef Chuck Roast
Whipped Potatoes
Gravy
Whole-wheat Bread
Buttered Beans
Tossed Greens Salad
Chocolate Pudding
Milk, Tea, or Coffee

*

The Victory Binding of the American Woman's Cook Book, Wartime Edition---1943






I'll be honest: I made this coffee cake months ago, but got so busy setting up BBM and getting into the swing of the new school year, I allowed Wartime Wednesdays to lapse.

So...I can't really say much about it. It was a breakfast cake, it got eaten.

A return to new WW dishes next week...





November brings a bit of the glitz & glamour to Blog Party, as we celebrate The Holiday Edition, 2.0, this month. RSVP no later than Thursday, 20 November...hope to see you there!






Tagged with: + + + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That coffee cakes is pretty darn good! I'm glad WW is back. I need to get back in the swing of cooking from that book too.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

and I'm just glad YOU'RE back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker