Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, April 05, 2020

Blog Party #44: Pantry Raid! The Round-Up

.







Welcome to Blog Party!  We're starting a little late, as one of our guests was delayed.

We have a small group, which, considering how long it's been since we've gathered, is still pretty wonderful. 

I've put up some pretty purple lights around the house.





I've set our bandana-themed napkins, which double as masks!



And I've got a nice music mix going, including Stevie Nicks (Stand Back), Dua Lipa (Don't Start), Men at Work (Who Can it Be Now?), Billy Idol (Dancing with Myself), and Celine Dion (All By Myself).

Keeping things simple as we ease back into Blog Party-ing, so let's take a look at our guest's contributions!

First up is Jasmine, who brought Eritrean Tsebhi Birsen and pita chips.



Using up some canned tomatoes she had on hand, spices, and my favorite, galic-chilli paste! Yum. 
And according to her, it can be turned into a soup - talk about double-duty!

Thanks, Jasmine!

Next,  Breadchick arrived with Left Over Cold Veggie Peanut Soba Noodles - looks tasty!



" a handful of soba noodles, little this and that from the past week’s roasted vegs, about an 1/8th cup of chopped peanuts, and some pho broth"

Way to use it all up!


And of course I've set out a few bites for everyone.  First up, Smoked Chicken Salad Bites.






We'd smoked some chicken (and for the vegetarians in the house, Delight Soy 'chicken') last week, which was turned into a simple chicken salad for tea sandwiches. 

There was plenty left, so dollops of the smoky stuff is served on some pecan crackers that were taking up some valuable space. 

DIVINE. 


Next, Paneer Tikka Naan Pizza Bites.






I'd made naan earlier in the week, and had some kicking around the fridge.  There was a partial block of paneer in the freezer, and oh, hey, a jar of Tikka Masala sauce in the cupboard (yes, sometimes we cheat).  A quick blast of heat, and some finely chopped mint (that needed to be used up) to finish.  

Simple, tasty, and filling mini pizza slices for all. 

And finally, Non-alcoholic Citrus Sunrises



Another case of using up what's already on hand. 

We'd purchased a 2 liter of Sprite for something, and never actually used it! And as I'm loathe to toss anything that could be used, there it sat. 


So, mix Sprite with some orange Crush from a bottle left over from the holidays, and some grapefruit seltzer (a favorite of Matt's), and a little bit of grenadine for color. 

Decorate with a grapefruit wedge, and enjoy!

This is where I'd usually invite everyone to hang around and visit, but this time I'm saying: Stay Home.  

Thanks for stopping by, take care of yourself and your loved ones, and I hope to see you - from a distance!- back next month.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Thoughts for food:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger ostwestwind said...

Oh, I missed the party, greetings from Germany

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hello, old friend!!

No worries; I have a feeling it's sticking around. I'll definitely have another one in May!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker