Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, April 04, 2020

Oodles

.







Hey.

How are you all doing?

JEREMY BEARIMY, my friends.
Jeremy Bearimy.

But this is most definitely not The Good Place.

Turns out, when we were all sick in late February/early March, it was Covid-19

So.  Yeah.  That's a thing.

Let me say, from experience, you Do Not Want.

Keep washing your hands.  Stay home. Get your groceries delivered. And if you can't? PROTECT YOURSELF.  If your employer isn't providing the proper materials, raise hell. We'll back you.

Anyway.

We had the tail end of a carton of eggs, and Matt liked the idea of fresh Chinese egg noodles. Sure, why not?

Pretty easy: flour, salt, eggs, water.  Mixed by hand, a bit of a chill in the fridge, then a few passes through the sheeter before switching to the cutting roller.

Really nice, tender noodles.  Alex used some to make himself peanut noodles (he even found a recipe on his own!). 

The rest were bagged and tucked into the (overflowing) freezer. 




Just wanted to remind you that Blog Party is tonight!  In these strange times, I'll take entries up to six PM (EST), in case you were still thinking about joining.

We're using up those the half-bags, hidden-away cans, and deep-freeze treasures and creating bites and sips to share - from the safety of our digital devices! - with friends old and new.

I do hope you'll attend.  See you later tonight!






Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker