Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Pride Before the Fail

.

Pride Cinnamon Rolls

 

 

I knew better.

I did. 

I should have picked a cinnamon roll recipe I'd used before. 


But this was Right Here, and promised pretty things!


So I ignored the warning voice in my head, and went with these Rainbow Cinnamon Rolls.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with it. Not really.


The dough is...fine. As far as I can tell.


But see, it wants you to knead a 1/2 tsp of food color gel into each of six portions, and...nope

Because 1. that's not enough to reach the desired 'color is vibrant, fully incorporated and no longer streaky' stage asked for, and 2. that's working the dough a lot longer than I'm actually comfortable with.

 

To be fair, the final color is gorgeous.  But I can't help but think there was an easier way, one that didn't require so much additional work.

They're not the best rolls I've ever made, but they are still cinnamon rolls.  And they are covered in rainbow glitter, which means so am I.  And the table, floors, and miscellaneous items throughout the house. 

For months to come.

 

Happy Pride!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker