Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, August 31, 2024

EoMEoTE - 20th Anniversary Edition

.


I definitely had some favorite blog events, and one of them was Jeanne and Anthony's (formerly of Cooksister and Spiceblog) End of Month Egg on Toast Extravaganza.

 

Ok. I didn't love when they expected me to write poetry, but throwing together a version of eggs and toast? Yes, please. They're some of my favorite foods!

I even hosted a couple of times (Hard Boiled, round-up here, and Seventies song lyrics, round-up here), I loved it so much.

So when I was thinking of ways to celebrate Dispensing Happiness's 20th year on the blogsphere, I knew I had to egg on toast one more time.

It's something we do almost weekly here, in fact. Saturdays and Sundays are the only days when there's enough time to make breakfast for Matt, and I try to not only come up with something tasty and filling, but to use up the tail ends of whatever I'd made during the week. 

There were a few of the ciabattas I'd baked earlier (again, finding decent bread here is inconsistent), as well as a few pieces of prosciutto from something (a sandwich, probably).  

So I split them open and toasted them in the frying pan with butter, then made some of the most perfect fried eggs to date. Layer up, and breakfast is served.  

The rolls got used up, the last few eggs in the carton - gone, and those last pieces of salty ham, finished. 

It's eggy, it's toasty. What more can you ask for?




Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker