Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Wartime Wednesday: 20th Anniversay Edition - Spaghetti Loaf

.

 

Spaghetti Loaf


"Many of the well-known cheeses which originated in Europe are now reproduced in America with such success that they are considered as good as the European original. Moreover, the cheese manufactured in America is generally made on a much larger scale and under more carefully controlled conditions."

The Victory Binding of the American Woman's Cook Book; Wartime Edition---published 1943

A simple, filling dish that cam (must) be prepared in advance.

Broken spaghetti (I used fideo) is boiled with a clove of garlic in salted water until tender. Take out the garlic, drain and rinse pasta.

Melt sharp American cheese in milk over boiling water. Add to beaten eggs, along with an entire 3/4 tsp salt, minced parsley, grated onion and the now-cooled spaghetti. Mix thoroughly.

Pour this into a buttered loaf pan and bake at 350 F for an hour. 


I mean, what can I say? It's a basic pasta bake. Pretty solid, nothing special. Served with a salad and a bit of bread, it becomes a substantial, inexpensive meal.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker