Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, July 29, 2024

When It's Just TOO HOT

.

Antipasto Pasta Salad

 

Back when the temps were stuck in the upper 90's, I just...didn't wanna when it came to making dinners.

I looked for things that were as hands-off as I could manage.  Could I do the actual cooking late the night before? How minimal was the usage of heat?

Save me from the inferno.

Matt & I are always happy with salad. Big, veg-full salads.  Salads topped with components of other dishes.  GREENS ME!

Alex, however...is a typical 21 year old. The culinary contortion I have to perform to get him to eat something based on lettuce...


But he will eat pasta salads.  And now that Earth Fare has plant-based deli meats, this Antipasto Pasta Salad meant we could get by just boiling a pot of water!

I used peppadews (forever grateful to Jeanne for introducing me to them all those years ago) for the perpperoncini (because no one here likes them); it was easy, it was flavorful, and it kept me away from the stove.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker