Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, July 27, 2024

Inspired - And an Announcement!

.

Cheddar Chive Biscuit & Prosciutto Eggs Benedict

 Hey! Hi there.


It's been awhile, yeah?

I've been meaning to drop by, honest.


Part of my absence can be explained by the OH MY GOD IT'S BEEN TOO HOT-ness of all it.

No, seriously. One night, as the temps were hovering around 100 degrees, I told Matt that he was going to Dairy Queen.

He laughed.

"No. We are having ice cream. For dinner."

Friends, that's exactly what we did.

Gloriously cold & indulgent ice milk belongs on the food pyramid.






There's been some other stuff going on (I would like to stop living in 'unprecedented times', thankyouverymuch) and I just haven't felt like writing.

But I have STUFF! to talk about, so here I am.  Sometimes the best way to deal with a block is to just smash through it.

 



A week or so ago, an artist friend (parasocial relationship!) was talking about making a biscuits & gravy-based eggs Benedict.  

And I could see how it would work?

I don't eat it myself - poached eggs make me gag.  But Matt likes the dish.  And while they are not the sort of thing you want to eat on, say, even a monthly basis, I love cooking something special for him.

So I riffed on their idea: stick with the biscuit, lose the gravy. I used a cheddar biscuit recipe from KAF (and finally had a reason to use the Vermont cheese powder I'd bought) and prosciutto. And of course, Hollandaise. 

 

So, that worked.  And gave me the push I needed to sit down & type, which is good. Because ok, are you sitting down?

Dispensing Happiness is turning 20 next month!


I KNOW, RIGHT?

I'm kind of baffled, & trying to process.  No way has it been two decades.  Can't be.

But according to the archives, yep.  Twenty years. 

And while this little blog of my is seen by fewer eyeballs these day, I think it deserves to be celebrated.

So get ready for some fun call-backs.  Sort of a 'Greatest Hits'.

Hope to see you there!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker