Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, July 28, 2024

My Kind of Zero Waste

.

Thai-Ish    


 Matt & I think of Sunday mornings as 'our time'.

Shopping's done, maybe we've convinced the dogs to let us sleep past 7, & we can have breakfast together.

It's often, though not always, some variation on eggs. I'll survey what we have in the fridge and cupboards, and that's our (ok, usually his), dish.


But this time I was kind of sort of prepared. 

We'd eaten something Southeast Asian earlier in the week, and the lovely Thai basil was still edible. 

So I told him he was going to have a Thai omelet. 

I said this having never made a Thai omelet, but that's what cookbooks and food blogs are for!


I found a recipe by The Food Monger which I more or less followed (I mean, that's why cooking's fun, right? Play around and make a dish your own). No scallions, because...we didn't have any.


But dang it if that gloriously anise-y basil didn't get used up! And the tail end of a carton of eggs.

Oh, right.  

He loved it.


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker