Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Take Me Out To The Ballgame...

.

Burgerito  

 

It's possible that you don't know this about me, but I LOVE BASEBALL.

I mean, love it.

Yes, I'm a (long-suffering) Pittsburgh Pirates fan, but I'm a lover of the game.

I watch baseball from the first spring training game to the last World Series out. I watch minor league games. I pull up MLB TV and click on the earliest game available, & cycle through until the Pirates play.
And after that? I'll watch whatever game(s) is left. 

I just love baseball, ok?

I haven't been to a live game since we left California (Pittsburgh at San Francisco; the Pirates lost, but the stadium was gorgeous, the weather perfect, & we met some lovely fans). I miss it. 

I miss everything about being at a game. It engages the senses. Whether it's the music being piped through the speakers or the sound of a bat meeting a 90+ mph ball - that Crack!, the general buzz of people in the seats, vendors calling out their wares as they walk through their sections (you feel for the ones carting drinks & think how lucky the dude -it's usually a guy- hawking cotton candy on a paper cone has it0. 

The jumbo screen is playing highlights, animations, trivia, all sorts of things.

You inhale that mixture of fresh cut grass, leather, beer & humanity. 

It's rich & beautiful...& I miss it.

I can watch games at home, which is great. I don't have to travel (it was a six+ hour round trip to see the Pirates when I lied in PA!), I can do other things like make dinner or fold laundry, & I don't have to miss the action.

But gawd, I miss the experience.

One thing I've been trying to do over the last couple of years is enhance that experience by recreating ballpark food.

And wow, has the league upped their culinary games since I was last in a park!

While everyone has the usual nachos, hot dogs, popcorn etc, there is so much more. From gourmet sandwiches to sushi to the ridiculous. 

And I am here for it.

As the new season rolls out, I visit each team's site to see what new foods are being added, make a list, & do my best to work my through it.

The latest comes from the Colorado Rockies - The Burgerito.

It's essentially a...taco burger? As a burrito. 

Ground beef seasoned with taco spices.  Fries. Salsa., cheese (I used queso), shrettuce & tomato.

It's big & silly & filling. And really good. 

A much better choice than their Rocky Mountain Oysters (look it up).


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker