Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, August 04, 2024

For 20, Give China

.

 

Petit Four Cake



 

But you get cake!

Because...drum roll...Dispensing Happiness will turn twenty this month.



I know, right?

But it's true.  I've been doing this for nearly twenty years.

TWENTY YEARS.

Yeesh.

Lots of things have happened over those two decades (Alex is a legal adult now.  The mortgage was paid off.  Dogs have come into and out of my life. Health issues.  And on and on...), but my love for food and cooking and baking? That has not changed. 

And while, over the years, I would step away (variety of reasons, like burn out and health), I could never leave for good.

When I decided to start back up in January, I had no idea what to expect. But to my surprise and delight, the past seven plus months have been fun.  

No stress. No pressure to post daily. Just little blocks of text, a photo, and maybe a recipe. 

It's more for me than anything else.  And I'm enjoying it.

But twenty years!

That feels like something to celebrate.   So I am. We are!

What does that mean?

For the month of August (for now, at least), new Wartime Wednesdays posts.


New Blog Party!! Woo-hoo!

This one will be simple - on the 17th, I'll host a celebratory BP.  If you want to participate? You know what to do (because the 'rules' are in the link above)!

There may be a couple of other throwback favorites showing up this month, as well.  Fingers crossed.

It's been s a hell of a journey, and I hope you're still along for the ride.




Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker