Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Blog Party #45: 20th Anniversary Party!

.

Fried Gnocchi Bites with Marinara


 

Welcome back to the original online cocktail event - Blog Party!

It's been a few years, I know.  Life, eh?

 But I'm happy you're here - I've missed you!

 

I've embraced the 'china/platinum/emerald' theme of 20th anniversaries (ok, sure; that's for weddings, but I don't think there's blog gift etiquette lists out there), & hung these gorgeous strings of lights around the dining room.

 

The tables have been set with platinum cloths and platinum-trimmed emerald plates.

 

 And the jazzy sounds of the greatest hits of the (19)20's are playing!

 


Of course, there's plenty to eat.

Bites of fresh gnocchi rolled in seasoned breadcrumbs, fried & served with marinara sauce.

Astoundingly good caprese poppers: cherry tomatoes cored & stuffed with mozzarella pearls, coated in panko & fried, then drizzled with a honey-balsamic reduction.  

Little pizza bites: 3-day fermented crust topped with Fromage d'Affinois & roasted garlic, thin slices of potato, a sprinkling of smoked mozzarella, & rosemary. 

And to balance all the richness, the Paloma. Sweet & tart grapefruit & lemon juices, simple syrup, & club soda with a salted rim.


Caprese Bites



Roasted Garlic-Fromage Potato Pizza



 

Paloma  

It was fun having you here after all this time.  Twenty years!  

Hopefully, it won't be another two decades until the next Blog Party...


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker