Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, August 26, 2024

(Mini) Blogging by Mail - 20th Anniversary Edition

.



 


I didn't create Blogging By Mail, but I did eventually take over the running of the event. And it was a Lot of work!

But I loved it.  Sending and getting glimpses of someone else's food life? So here for it.

I don't think it's a manageable event these days.  Too many people to keep track of, and the cost of shipping (a big fuck you to Louis DeJoy) puts it out of reach for many.

But it was one of my favorite food things to do, so I had to find a way to bring it back for the ol' anniversary celebration.

Gathering up a mix of favorite and/or interesting things, I sent a package to my friend Jasmine, formerly of Cardamom Addict.

Some rather appropriate cardamom-pistachio biscotti, one of the darling and essential mini-liquid measuring cups, gorgeously vanilla-scented candle, and a little USB-powered 'rug' to keep her tea warm.

Speaking of tea, there's a tin of my own Smoke on the Water blend, a few cookie cutters, and edible glitter.

Nutmeg ice cream perfume oil!

And brownie brittle.  


This made me happy.  It took me back to the 'old days', and I got to surprise a friend with a little bit of foodie goodness. 






Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker