Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Like a Fashion Model: Pretty to Look at, but Nothing Going on Inside

.



While shopping, I was drawn to the two Easter-candy laden tables near the check out counters. Shiny paper. Pretty colors. Can't resist.

I mostly grabbed candy for Alex and Matt's Easter baskets, but then I saw a small box of chocolates, colorfully-wrapped squares. Somehow, it ended up in our basket. And as Matt always says, if it's in the basket, what can you do but buy it?

I so rarely eat chocolate. Heck, I rarely want chocolate. But there's always that 'must-have' moment, so it's good to keep some around.

I had one of those moments not long ago, so I broke into my box of Lake Champlain Chocolates.

The first square was milk chocolate, and it was decent. Not eye-openingly amazing, but a nice, sweet flavor. The next bite was dark. And...I almost thought I was eating nothing. I mean, there was no flavor. No deep, intense chocolate. Nuthin'. It could have been edible plastic, except I think the plastic may have tasted better!

I guess the lesson here is to never judge a chocolate by it's wrapper, eh?






Tagged with: + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love dark chocolate.And white and...oh heck...any chocolate!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Emily...I used to love chocolate. But I seem to have outgrown my taste for sweet things. Which is why I always bake cookies and things, and hand them off to ther people to eat...I have no interest in them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker