Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Taters and Eggs and Cheese...oh my!

.



Because plain ol' eggs and toast is so yesterday.

Frittata with Potatoes and Prosciutto, a recipe swiped from Giada.

Potatoes, onions and garlic sauteed till soft. Over this, pour a mixture of eggs, cream, cheese (calls for Parmesan, and as always, we have Asiago), prosciutto (or Morningstar Farms for me), and basil. Cook till bottom is set, but top is still 'wobbly'. Broil in the oven for just a few minutes, until the top is set and browned.

Just a little tip here: if you're going to use a timer to keep track of how long you're cooking something? It really helps to start the timer....

Really good stuff. Served with sliced baguette, it's a pretty tasty dish.




Blog Party#9 has been announced, and for the month of April, we're turning our favorite desserts into bite-sized treats! Create sweet appetizers and drinks (non-alcholic would be just fine), and get your entries to me no later than 20 April. You can leave a link here in the comments, or send an email to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com; and I hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

Sounds delicious!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow...you're quick! I just posted!

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've made several of her recipes and haven't been disappointed yet.I want her cookbook.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Emily; I had her first cookbook, but it turned out to contain just about every recipe already listed on the food networks site.

I don't know what's up with the new one, though...

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

I can read your mind,....er...blog....er....
telepathic abilities to sense when someone cool has posted....

That's mumbo-jumbo really. I better go find Grammies dessert recipe, I don't want April 20 to sneak up on me, and I'm not a procrastinator!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey, neither am I! But ever notice how having kids around can really can really screw up your plans???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker