Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Tied in Knots

.







I've had my eye on these Glazed Cinnamon-Cardamom Buns* for some time.

They showed up in a newsletter again, which Matt saw, and there was a lot of, "Oh, my".

But like so many recipes, the dough wants a nice, long rest in the fridge (as well a nap later, after being rolled out), and if you're anything thing me...

WHO HAS SPACE IN THEIR REFRIGERATOR???!!?!?


Ehem.

Stuff was moved, temporarily taken out, and I got down to business.


I love doughs like this.  They're just so satisfying to work with.

And making these twists was fun!


The twists became knots (I am historically awful at braiding, so am always a bit apprehensive when it comes to these sorts of things, but it worked out rather nicely).






Which were baked, then brushed with a syrup made from water and brown sugar.

They guys love them, and my gosh; how pretty are they??!

Easy recipe; just needs a bit of time, and room in your fridge (HA!).


*I ran out of cinnamon (gasp!), so one third of the filling is ginger.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker